About Us

Welcome to Fletcher Fire & Rescue Department

Fletcher Fire and Rescue was organized in 1953 by the Fletcher Lions Club. It was then chartered in 1954 under Chief Vernon Williams. Fletcher was the first volunteer fire department to be established in the county. Fletcher was the first department to put an aerial apparatus in service and respond as emergency medical technicians. In 1985, the department hired its first two career personnel on daytime shifts responding out of one station. Fletcher now employees’ thirty four career personnel on twenty four hour shifts and two career chief officers during the day. Personnel respond out of three stations in the thirty three square mile fire district. Fletcher Fire and Rescue is rated as a ISO class 4 within the city limits and of Fletcher and a ISO class 5 outside of the city limits. Fletcher continues to expand its personnel and its stations to compensate for the rapid growth in the community.

Station #1 ( The Main)
49 East Fanning Bridge Road
Fletcher, NC 28732
(828) 684-0864

Station #2 ( The Creek)
458 Hoopers Creek Road 
Fletcher, NC 28732
(828) 684-3946

Station #3 ( The Three House)
5399 Asheville Highway
Naples, NC 28732
(828) 684-7176

 

© 2020 Fletcher Fire & Rescue Department