_________"Saving Lives Through Education"_________
Fletcher Fire and Rescue was organized in 1953 by the Fletcher Lions Club. It was then chartered in 1954 under Chief Vernon Williams. Fletcher was the first volunteer fire department to be established in the county. Fletcher was the first department to put an aerial apparatus in service and respond as emergency medical technicians. In 1988, the department hired its first two career personnel on daytime shifts responding out of one station. Fletcher now employees’ eighteen career personnel on twenty four hour shifts and two career chief officers during the day. Personnel respond out of three stations in the thirty three square mile fire district. Fletcher Fire and Rescue is rated as a class 4 within the hydrant district and a class 9s outside of the hydrant district. Fletcher continues to expand its personnel and its stations to compensate for the rapid growth in the community.